CULTIVATION OF TOBACCO
The tobacco is an herbaceous plant of the family of the solanaceous ones, native of tropical America has its origin in the lands of the Mayan Culture, including the regions of Honduras, Guatemala, Mexico, is believed about 6 thousand years B.C.
There are several stages that require the plantation to reach its final product which is the cigarette, cigar or chewing tobacco.
In the tour you will receive an explanation of the entire process of cultivation, even if you only see the activity that is being carried out during the season, until the elaboration of cigars and you will enjoy a delicious typical lunch.
It will be combined with a visit to Santa Rosa de Copán where you will enjoy its traditional gastronomy
Duration of the tour:.
This varies according to your time availability and place of origin, we adapt to your time, but normally we offer: 2 days 1 night / 3 days 2 nights with the option to increase days and add more activities.
Stages of cultivation:
Initially agricultural work in the field
First stage: Nursery or seedbed
Second stage: Transplanting to the field and planting
Third stage: Cutting and drying
Fourth Stage: Selection or Classification
Fifth stage: Production of the cigar or chewing tobacco
A cigar is formed of 3 sections:
1. The gut: is the content or “filling” of the cigar itself.
2. The capote (or capillo): is the wrapper of the casing.
3. The wrapper: is the outermost leaf of the cigar; the front and presentation of the cigar
2 days 1 night tour, but it all depends on which city we start.
In our tour we offer you:
* Transportation from any city
* Hotel in double rooms or as requested
* We show you almost all the stages of cultivation and explain everything
* You can have the experience of making cigars in the Craftsmanship and smoking them
* We will provide you with lunch, drinks and typical snacks.
* You will visit different communities and tourist attractions in western Honduras
!!! Experience the tobacco tour!
Phone: +504 26514023 / +504 94450955 / +504 99799319