Day Tour to the East of Guatemala / Departing from Copán Ruins
Only museum in relation to this subject in the area, you will be able to observe fossils of plants and animals that lived during the Cenozoic era in Central America, such as mastodons, sloths and giant armadillos and most importantly were found in this region of Guatemala.
Estimated visiting time 1.30 hours
La Vega del Cobán Archaeological Site:
There is evidence of the existence of a kind of cobblestone roadway that crosses the site from east to west and runs from the residential area to the vicinity of the ceremonial area. In addition, three important tombs have been found, whose remains date from the Late Classic Period 600 B.C. to 1000 A.D. The ancient inhabitants of the region were called Maya Motagua.
The city was made up of five acropolis, architectural complexes that were the seat of local and regional government and power.
The acropolis were made up of palaces and temples, which served as administrative function and residence of the rulers. It was undoubtedly one of the sites where the Mayas worked the jade. We will also visit the museum in the city.
Estimated time of the visit 2.30 hours
+/- 11.30 a.m. Arrival at the cattle ranch and visit the facilities. We will enjoy a delicious lunch at the hacienda’s house. Then we move to look for the jade (we have 2 options depending on the time available).
* Recognition in a nearby area by taking a short walk (estimated time 40 minutes of activity).
* Searching for jade stones inside the hacienda until we arrive to a point where we will observe natural stones (estimated time 1.50 minutes).
We will visit the area where young people are inspired and carve the pieces, then the sales area where you can purchase a garment at a comfortable price. We say goodbye after tasting a delicious coffee.
It is possible to program 2 days sleeping at the hacienda.
Estimated time at the hacienda 3 hours
Historic center of Chiquimula
This is a very important city in Guatemala for its trade and link with the Republics of Honduras and El Salvador has a rich history and our guide will give you extensive information and we will visit several historical sites within the city.
As an optional we will go to a restaurant for dinner.
Then we will go to Copan Ruinas returning +/-6 pm.
– Transportation from Copán Ruinas to Copán Ruinas and back.
– Bottled water for the trip
– Local guide that joins us in Chiquimula
– Translator if necessary
– Entrance tickets
– Lunch, natural beverage and coffee
– Dinner and activities not mentioned
– Migratory payments
– Carry your personal documents for migratory procedures.
– Minors passport and parental authorization.